Business analyst and data analyst both are crucial professionals for a business. They help to grow the business by collecting the data of the business and suggest them the relevant changes to be made. But both of the professions are not same. Let’s dig in to get the answer of business analyst v/s data analyst.
Business Analyst v/s Data Analyst
The business analyst is one of the major professional for every business. He or she guides the business in improving their products, process, services with the help of analyzing the data. Moreover, he or she works as an intermediate between the IT department and the business. In other words, they bridge the gap to improve the efficiency of the business. They analyze the data of various processes in the business, determine the requirement of the business. By their analytics, they deliver the data-driven results for the higher management as well as stakeholders.
Business analyst skills
Most essential skills and experience for a business analyst are:
Both oral as well as written communication skills.
Cost benefits analysis.
Qualification Requirement For Business Analyst
The minimum degree required to be a data analyst is a bachelor in business or bachelor in any related field.
MBA degree is beneficial for the business analyst to get the job easily in the reputed company. Most of the reputed companies preferred master degree holder for their business analyst positions.
This degree is not considered a must-have degree for the business analyst, but if the business analyst would like to be a teacher or lecturer than they should go for the Ph.D. in business administration.
Certification Require For Business Analyst
- Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA)\
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) From IIBA
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) Form IIBA
- IIBA Agile Analysis Certification (AAC)
- IQBBA Certified Foundation Level Business Analyst (CFLBA)
- IREB Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE)
- PMI-Professional in Business Analysis (PBA) Certificatio
Data Analyst is also one of the major positions in the business. He or she translates the number into plan english. The number is collected from the data of the sales figure, market research, and logistics cost. The data analyst takes and then use these data to help the company to make better decisions for the future. These decisions usually based on the prices of company products, transportation cost or any other issues that restrict the company to grow.
jOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Technical Skills for Data Analysts
- Statistical methods and packages (e.g. SPSS)
- R and/or SAS languages
- Data warehousing and business intelligence platforms
- SQL databases and database querying languages
- Database design
- Data mining, cleaning and munging
- Data visualization and reporting techniques
- Working knowledge of Hadoop & MapReduce
- Machine learning technique
Business Skills for Data Analysts
- Analytic Problem-Solving
- Effective Communication
- Creative Thinking
- Industry Knowledg
Certifications Required for Data Analyst
- SAS Certified Base Program for SAS 9
- EMC Proven Professional Data Scientist (EMCDS)
- Certified Data Management Professionals (CDMP)
Education Requirement For Data Analyst
Bachelor degree is the most basic degree for the data analyst to get an entry-level job. The degree should be in math, statistics, computer science or related fields.
Master degree is needed for upper-level jobs for the data analyst. The degree should be in math, statistics, computer science or related fields. They need to have a strong command over math and statistics.
Now you may have get your answer of the question business analyst v/s data analyst. In fact, of the profession are playing their role in developing the business. Now you may decided which one is best for you. If you need data analysis assignment help then we are here to help you.