As more and more businesses are thriving day-by-day, students want to make their career in accounting.
We read different books to get the knowledge of commerce. In this blog, we will discuss various textbooks on accounting at the school and college level.
When students pass the matric exam, and enter in 11th Grade, they choose the subjects they are interested in. Some of them go for the medical subjects, some for nonmedical, commerce and arts. In order to get success in the commerce field, students need to study accounting subjects from basic to advanced level.
Before discussing the textbooks, we should know about the accounting term.
What is accounting?
Accounting is the most important aspect for every business organization. It is an exercise to record,summarize, investigate and report financial statements of an organization. The accounting process in any business helps the business owner in making critical decisions and meeting the organization’s goals.
Let’s talk about the textbooks on a different level.
Textbook of accounting
Class11 Accounting Textbooks
When we start our further study as commerce students, we have to read different textbooks regarding the field.
Students read NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) books as reference books on the School level. NCERT books are renowned for their updation and revised editions.
Class 11 Financial Accounting Part 1
This book includes the chapters-
- Introduction to accounting
- Theory base of accounting
- Recording of Transactions-1
- Recording of transactions-2
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Trial Balance and Rectification of Errors
- Depreciation, Provisions, and Reserves
- Bills of Exchange
Financial Accounting Part-2
- Financial Statements-1
- Financial Statements-2
- Accounts from incomplete records
- Accounting for Not-for-Profit Organisation
- Applications of computers in accounting
- Computerized Accounting System
- Structuring Database for accounting
- Accounting System using a database management system
Class 12th NCERT Accounting Books
Partnership Accounts-( Part-1)
It brings the following chapters-
- Basic concepts of partnership accounting
- Accounting for not for profit organization
- Reconstitution of a partnership firm(admission of a partner)
- Reconstitution of a partnership firm (Retirement/Death of a partner)
- Dissolution of Partnership firm
Part 2-Accountancy-Company Accounts and Analysis of Financial Statements
It consists of 6 chapters as follows-
- Accounting for share capital
- Issue and redemption of Debentures
- Financial statements of a company
- Analysis of financial statements
- Accounting Ratios
- Cash Flow Statement
Textbook of accounting for College and University Students-
After passing 12th grade students enroll themselves in B.com Graduation Degree. B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce) is a three years full degree course for the aspirants who are willing to make their future in finance, taxation, accountancy.
For this, they need to study various concepts from different books to be perfect in this field.Thousand of books are there related to accounting and choosing the best books of them is a difficult task for the students. Here are year wise best books for students of B.commerce.
Textbooks for First Year
1. Subject-Financial Accounting
Book-Financial accounting-Concepts and application
2. Subject-Business Mathematics
Book- Business mathematics
Writer-Dr. Sarita Kumar
Book-Principles of microeconomics
4. Subject-Business Statistics
Book- Business mathematics and statistics
5. Subject- Business organization and management
Book-Business organization and management
6. Subject-Business Law
Writer-M.C. Kuchhal and Vivek Kuchhal
- Top 10 Books of Accounting For The Beginners
- Bookkeeping vs Accounting
- What are the Key Importance of Accounting in The World?
Textbook of accounting for Second Year Students-
1. Subject-Corporate accounting
Book-Fundamentals of corporate accounting
2. Subject-Company Law
Book-Modern Indian Company law
3. Subject-Cost accounting
4. Subject-Income Tax law and practice
Book-Guide to income tax
Writer-Vinod k Singhania, Monica Singhania
5. Subject-Business Communication
Book-Communication for business
Book-Electronic commerce-framework, technology and application
Books for third Year Students
In the final year of graduation students are mature enough to understand the advanced concept of accounting with a full description of the topic. So in the final year college and universities focus on providing more detailed knowledge of accounting.
1. Subject-Indian Economy
Writer-Mishra and Puri
2. Subject-International Business
Writer-Charles W.L.Hill, Arun Kumar Jain
Book-Auditing principles and practices
Writer-Ravinder Kumar, Virender Sharma
4. Subject-Banking and Insurance
Book-Banking and Insurance
5. Subject-Corporate tax planning
Book- Corporate tax planning
Writer-Vinod K. Singhania, Monica Singhania
Book-Invest Analysis and management
7. Subject-Human Resource Management
Book-Principles of Human Resource Management
Writer-Bohlander and Snell
8. Subject-Principles of Marketing
Book-Essence of marketing
9. Financial Management
Book-Financial Management and Policy
Writer-James C. Horne and Sanjay Dhamija
Book-Entrepreneurship-A South Asian Perspective
Writer-Kuratko and Rao
11. Subject-Management Accounting
12. Subject-Consumer Protection
Writer-Sri Ram, Khanna, Savita Hanspal, Sheetal Kapoor, H.K Awasthi
This is the booklist you can refer to in your graduation programme to achieve a great knowledge of accounting.
Accounting is an interesting and demanding field nowadays. This field is vast to cover, but it will be easy to cover all the aspects if you study step by step with full concentration. In this blog, we have covered the textbook of accounting for grades 11, 12, and for graduate degrees.
I hope the information regarding the reference books of accounting will help you to pursue your study. Using these books as your source, you can achieve good marks in your exams and make your career in this ever-increasing field. Get the best management accounting homework help.
Frequently Asked Question
What are the sources to get full knowledge of accounting?
The best source to get accounting knowledge is books because all the topics are organized and arranged in a proper sequence. Books are written by professionals with proper research.
Other than books, you can broaden your horizon with the help of online sources such as websites, tutorials, blogs, and online paid courses. If you are a student, you can pursue a bachelor’s and master’s degree in accounting to lead the way to success.
What are the ways to learn accounting easily?
You have to make a proper schedule to learn accounting skills. It would be best if you focused on-
Reading and analyzing Economic/financial statements
Reliable learning sources, either online or offline
Spending time with your sources
Implementing accounting concepts in a practical world
Seek the help of other professionals or your peers.