You have been hired as a Data Analyst for a product company and asked to implement Tableau for them, they’ve previously only used data in raw form and spreadsheets and want your help with visualizations and insights.
Tableau Public, Tableau Resources, YouTube, Google, and anything else you can get your hands on! Please utilize this Contoso Excel Data Set as the primary data set.
Create a Tableau workbook for the hypothetical company, then walk us through your dashboard like we are your client. You will need to apply yourself and you may need to make up data in your org, in addition to utilizing the Contoso data set referenced above. Create your demo so it sounds relevant and give us a good story!
“…I am building a Tableau Dashboard for Company XYZ, they are looking to (choose two or make up your situation)
● Create an executive dashboard with KPI’s.
● View results over time for each department (Sales , Marketing, Product and Finance) .
● Have a geographical visualization of sales over time.
They sell X, and sales are regional in …, they have X number of users, etc.”
1. Utilize the Super Sample Superstore secondary data source provided in Tableau and describe the data transformation necessary to utilize it with the provided data set.
2. Create a Data Source map for our fictitious organization.
3. Create an interactive dashboard with KPIs and any other dashboards that might be relevant. The highest priority use-case that we hope to solve with Tableau is to use it to delight our end users and distill complicated results into easy to digest visuals with actionable insights.
4. Bonus points if you are able to provide a cluster analysis use case with these, or your own, datasets.
We’re not convinced that Tableau is the right tool; a contractor we previously worked with used to import our data into Power BI and it looked easy but our data is being pulled from multiple data sources. We want to easily understand large quantities of data and quickly get insights from it.
● For each of the visualizations on the dashboard, be prepared to discuss your visualization choice and why you chose it.
● Discuss the strategy to utilize Tableau Server and Tableau Desktop for the solution.
Demo should be 30 minutes, at least half of it should focus on the Tableau workbook functionality and then time for questions.
If you have any questions, send us an email. Thanks!
CS 340 Milestone One Guidelines and Rubric Overview: For this assignment, you will implement the fundamental operations of create, read, update,
Retail Transaction Programming Project Project Requirements: Develop a program to emulate a purchase transaction at a retail store. This
7COM1028 Secure Systems Programming Referral Coursework: Secure
Create a GUI program that:Accepts the following from a user:Item NameItem QuantityItem PriceAllows the user to create a file to store the sales receip
CS 340 Final Project Guidelines and Rubric Overview The final project will encompass developing a web service using a software stack and impleme
Get Free Quote!
395 Experts Online