In this fast-paced world, there are a massive number of statistics software available in the world. It is quite tough for the newbie to pick either one for the best future in the statistics industry. The majority of students face the challenges while they pick either one between JMP vs Minitab.
Because JMP and Minitab are the closest competitors in the world of business statistics. As the statistics experts, we know the actual difference between JMP vs Minitab.
In this blog, we will go to share with you the in-depth comparison between these two close competitors. Let’s start the comparison between JMP vs Minitab:-
JMP is one of the best and most popular computer programs for statistical analysis. It is the product of the SAS Institute. It was launched in the year 1989 by SAS.
The primary intention behind the launch of JMP was to take advantage of the graphical user interface that was introduced by Macintosh in that era of time.
It means that the initial release of JMP was for Mac only. But later on, the JMP program was rewritten to be made available for the Windows operating system.
Minitab is also the best and most robust statistics software for data analysis. The primary intention behind the development of Minitab was for the six sigma developers. Minitab is offering a variety of functions to its users.
It helps you to input the statistical data effectively. You can also do data manipulation, identify trends and patterns, and many more. All these lead you to extrapolate answers to the current issues.
It is the widely used statistical software for almost every scale of the business, likewise small, medium, and even large. Minitab was developed by Barbara F. Ryan, Thomas A. Ryan, Jr., and Brian L. Joiner in 1972 at Pennsylvania State University. Later on, Minitab Inc established in State College, Pennsylvania.
R learning Curve
JMP is quite tricky when we compare it with Minitab. But after giving it plenty of time to learn JMP, you will find it more potent as compared with Minitab.
You can find almost all the features of Minitab in JMP, but it’s not as full-featured. JMP requires a little more training as compared with Minitab. You can get the official training from JMP itself.
You can also get the official certificate while completing your training. JMP has an entirely opposite interface when we compare it with Excel.
Minitab Learning Curve
Minitab is quite easy to learn as compared with JMP. Its interface is quite similar to MS excel. It means that if you are the user of MS Excel, then you will find it quite easy to use.
It helps you to choose the right graph by setting it up. But it is as no much powerful as compared with JMP. Minitab also offers official training support. You can get the Minitab training from their official sites.
JMP offers a faster pace as compared with Minitab. You can do the same Minitab tasks in JMP at minimum time.
Minitab is not as much faster as JMP. It requires a lot of time to do some tasks that can happen quite faster in Minitab.
JMP is quite expensive than Minitab. It has two variants, the first one is JMP and the second one is JMP pro. The JMP costs you around $1785/unit per year. On the other hand, JMP pro costs you around $14900/unit per year.
Minitab is quite cheaper than the JMP. It cost you around $1595 for the new license and $895 for the existing users annually. For multi-user packages, you have to quote them to get the price details.
JMP offers excellent support to its clients. It also provides the user’s community to help the users. In this community, you can share your doubts and queries with other JMP users.
Apart from that, it also offers the knowledge base where you can find the various documents, likewise sample notes, installation notes, and usage notes. Last but not least, JMP offers excellent technical support to its users.
All their supporting staffs are statisticians and engineers. They have a degree in statistics and other technical disciplines. Therefore they are capable of solving any complex problems.
Minitab support excellent support to its end users. It offers the quality trainer support that helps you to find answers to frequently asked questions and troubleshooting issues.
Apart from that, it provides the Minitab Express, companion, documentation, webinars, installation faqs, blog, and video. It means Minitab is providing 360-degree online support to its end users.
Companies using JMP
- Goodyear tyre and rubber company
- Johns Hopkins
Companies using Minitab
- Hyundai Motor
- Pizza Hut
Features of JMP?
- JMP offers a streamlined menu interface. The menu is arranged by “context” instead of statistical tests.
- It offers the Dynamic output of the data. It means that after running a procedure, you can add or remove additional statistics and graphs within the results window. You need not re-run the procedure.
- It is specially designed for experiments and design generation.
- In the latest version JMP Pro, you can analyze the unstructured text with text mining techniques. Text mining techniques usually holds the cluster analysis and topic modeling.
- JMP offers an extensive array of algorithms. These algorithms are specially designed for factor analysis
- It offers the Graphs Builder and Tabulates tools to build and refine the tables and graphs interactively.
- It is the product of SAS. Therefore it allows you to interface with SAS. You can easily import and export SAS data within JMP. You can also write and execute the SAS within JMP.
Features of Minitab
- Minitab allows you to perform the analysis using drop-down menus or syntax. It is quite easy for both beginners and advanced users.
- It is quite simple and easy to use. Thus it becomes the first choice for beginners. The beginners can take their FAQs introductory course to learn Minitab easily.
- You can easily design and analyze your experiments within the Minitab.
- Minitab is a multilingual software. It is available in English, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, German, Japanese, and Korean.
Now you may have clear your doubts on the comparison between JMP vs Minitab. Minitab is an excellent software undoubtedly. It is also quite easier for beginners. But when we talk about the performance, Minitab doesn’t stand anywhere in this battle.
JMP is quite expensive than Minitab. It is also hard to learn. But the best part is its performance. JMP is quite faster than Minitab and can do the same Minitab task within a few minutes. From my point of view on the comparison between JMP vs Minitab. The JMP is the complete winner.