SPSS vs Excel is always a big concern between statistics students mind. Today I am going to share with you the best ever comparison between SPSS vs Excel.
SPSS Stands for statistical packages for Social Science. It is the market leader in terms of statistical packaging tools. SPSS is used as the derivative for data manipulation and storage. It is having two methods for batch processing, i.e., interactive batches and noninteractive batches.
SPSS inc developed it, but later on, it was acquired by IBM in 2009. The earlier name of SPSS was “under the umbrella. But after acquiring by IBM, SPSS was renamed as IBM SPSS in 2015.
SPSS also comes with an open source version that is known as PSPP. This version has used the process of statistics and the formulation of data manipulation techniques with very few exceptions. These statistics and formulation are used for the professional manipulation of large data chunks.
The open source version of SPSS is quite decent, and it won’t expire in the future.
Anyone can use the same SPSS software for the lifetime. SPSS is one of the best analytical software that provides high-quality graphics for more analytical features.
The best part of this software is when you create standard graphics in this software. Then you can output the graphics as HTML5 files. It means that you can access these files through your browser too.
Excel is one of the most powerful and easy to use statistics software. It allows you to store the data in tabular format, i.e., in rows and column format. It also allows you to interact with your data in various ways.
You can sort and filter the data using some of the most potent formulas. The pivot tables one is the best feature of Excel. You can use pivot tables to create a new insight by manipulating the data.
Excel has various features that can help you with statistics. There are multiple ways to importing and exporting the data. You can also integrate the data into the workflow.
Like no other statistics software, Excel allows you to create the custom function using its programming abilities.
The primary purpose of Excel is to create records of data and to manipulate the data as per the users’ demands. As mentioned earlier, Excel allows you to use the external database to analyze, make reports, and so on.
Now a day, Excel is offering the best graphical user interface along with the use of graphics tools and visualization techniques.
Let’s Compare both of the tools based on some criteria.
It is used to manipulate the data as per IBM guidelines. It manages the data and formulates the operations as per the Microsoft guidelines.
SPSS is faster and offers reliable performance. Excel provides a reduction in data redundancy.
Real Time Usage
It uses for ultra-fast devices such as supercomputers. It uses to maintain a large volume of data.
SPSS used in Data science and Data analytics industry. Data analyst and business analyst widely use Excel.
SPSS use in large scale companies. Excel is used where a massive amount of sensitive data stored.
SPSS covers the entire technology field. It is the superset of data science. Excel is a subset of computer science; thus, it offers the study of data using various methods and technologies.
SPSS vs EXCEL
- SPSS use for computation. It means that it consists of various subjects such as Data Storages and Data formats. On the other hand, excel based on mathematics concepts such as algebra, calculus, statistics, and advanced statistics.
- SPPS teach us how the process is built in batches. It also helps us to learn memory management in the programming areas. On the other hand, Excel offers us a clear view of how data can be used to study how the data will be stored. Excel allows us to process and manipulate the data to reduce the redundancy so that it can become meaningful for future use.
- SPSS is based on computer systems. It offers us a clear insight into computer storages utilization and memory system efficiency. On the other hand, excel offers us to extract specific information from the broad set of data using various formats of Excel.
- SPSS use for probabilistic theories, reasoning, discrete structures, and database. On the other hand, as I have already mentioned, Excel offers various mathematical operations and analytics. In other words, it provides more formulated mathematics operations as compared with SPSS.
- SPSS is a batch processing statistical tool. On the other hand, Excel is a data manipulation tool.
- The primary purpose of SPSS is to use data manipulation techniques to fetch good results. On the other hand, the goal of Excel is for storing the data and safely handle it.
- SPSS is an integrated part of IBM. That’s why it is evolving the advanced concepts. Moreover, new algorithms are also coming under IBM. On the other hand, Excel is also growing at a rapid pace. It keeps adding some of the most potent statistics functions, and it is becoming quite complex to handle. But Excel still needs some improvement to be the best statistics software in the world.
- SPSS is all about dealing with statistics algorithms. That’s why it always ready for the new statistics algorithm updates. It uses this algorithm for data manipulation. On the other hand, Excel is all about the combination of mathematics and data storages in various formats.
SPSS and Excel are a lot different than each other. Even there is no comparison between these two tools. Excel is a spreadsheet software, whereas SPSS is statistical analysis software.
We can perform plenty of statistical analysis with the help of Excel. On the other hand, SPSS is a complete and powerful statistical analysis software. SPSS has built-in data manipulation tools for recording and variable transformation.
On the other hand, Excel doesn’t offer the build in functions. You have to do a lot of work to do the given task. Every column is a variable in SPSS. On the other hand, columns and rows do not treat in that way.
In the end, I can say that both Excel and SPSS are serving their purpose in their domain exceptionally well. Both are the best statistical tools in their field.
But both SPSS and EXCEL serve you the purpose in their domains exceptionally well. Now you can choose between SPSS vs Excel more confidently. Get the best SPSS assignment help from the experts.